Can a question really change your life?
I say YES!
Questions challenge status quo and can inspire us to change course.
When you’re white knuckled on a thought or believe, questions can call in perspective out of left field that makes you feel 1000x lighter.
When you ask other people great questions, you might just change their life.
These are 3 questions I return to often and love to ask.
1. You’re sitting in your favorite room in your house. You’re 80. You’re reflecting on the stories you lived. You’re thinking about how you showed up. You’re celebrating where you felt really strong and fulfilled in your life.
How do you want to feel about how you lived your life when you’re 80?
2. Look at today. Yesterday. Last week. This past season. Year. Look at where you’ve spent your time. Look at what you didn’t give attention to and went unnoticed.
How can you align tomorrow and days after with how you want to feel about how you lived your life when you’re 80?
3. This one’s a 2-part question, because 10-year-old you has something to say on the matter. Remember 10-year-old you? That vibrant, full life ahead, clean canvased kid with all the dreams and days filled with play?
List a few things you’ve:
– stopped doing since you were 10
– started doing since you were 10
What do you miss about being that 10-year-old kid? What would that 10-year-old kid be proud of and disappointed of the way you’re living today?
This last question set changed my life.
At the time, I was living on 2 acres in the country, surrounded by corn and soybean fields. I was restless.
I realized my most favorite place to be at 10-years-old was in the woods. I couldn’t get enough. At my parents’ cabin or at my cousin’s house or Uncle Steve’s, I’d always go deep into the woods with a backpack of books, a journal, and snacks. I’d get lost for hours finding downed trees to sit on or mature hardwoods to climb. My sister and I would hop on the mounds of dirt in the marsh, trying not to get our feet wet, to catch all the frogs and painted turtles. 🐸🌲
In 2017, my husband and I sold everything and downsized our home to live on 10-acres of nothing but forest on the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Today, I feel like a kid again. We hop across rocks through creeks. We catch salamanders and lizards. Last night, Kendall and I successfully called the coyotes again and TONS of them called back. 🦎🐺
Today, I run every decision we make through a filter we call “Masse Mountain.” It’s our Life-Brand.
Am I saying you need to move? Of course not!
I’m saying that it’s all too easy to get caught up in the flow of status quo. Even if you’re feeling GREAT about your life, asking great questions as a check-in with yourself is like a well-visit to the doctor.
When we stop asking questions, we drift.
When a question feel disruptive and resistance creeps in… that means it’s important.
Discomfort means re-alignment is needed… re-alignment might shake things up and change your life, another life, or even the world to a more fulfilling state. 🌍
What’s the next question you’re going to investigate and respond to?
Imagine the waves it might make ✨
Notice on and respond boldly,
P.S. The Life-Brand Method program is filled with more thought-provoking questions like these.
What is the Life-Brand Method?
– This is “white space” in this wild year of noise & distraction & uncertainty.
– You will create a “Life-Brand” in just 3 weeks—think of it like a ridiculously fun filter that makes decision making and life-planning MUCH easier.
– Use this time as a guided check-in with yourself with 21 questions / light activities you can keep forever.
– Participate from anywhere in the world. Any country. Any time zone. You can do this at your own pace.
– See more info (full details, what’s included, pricing, everything is all right here).
Skipped to the bottom and want more life-changing questions?
Save these questions by pinning this: